- Pulsed excitation and intensity stability
- Bandpass reflector filters.
- Reaction chamber with temperature stabilization.
- Stable and long life UV source.
- High zero stability
- Ethernet connectivity for efficient remote access.
- Improved user interface with a programming button and a larger display
- Flash memory for increased memory capacity and software with user dump capability.
- Improved electronic design for an increase in the number of common parts.
- Improved layout for easier access to system components
- CE marked equipment
- The Thermo Scientific Model 450i is an analyzer that operates on the principle that H2S can be converted to SO2. As SO2 molecules absorb UV light and are excited at a certain wavelength, the molecules move to a lower energy state emitting UV light at a different wavelength. Specifically:
H2S -> SO2
SO2 + hv1 -> SO2* -> SO2 + hv2
- The pulses of the UV lamp serve to increase the optical intensity, which causes higher UV energy to impinge on the sample to achieve lower SO2 concentrations.
- The 450i analyzer uses bandpass reflector filters, which, compared to commonly used transmission filters, suffer less photochemical degradation and are more selective in terms of the bandpass of interest in SO2 measurement.
- Ethernet connectivity for efficient remote access
- Improved user interface including one-button programming and large display
- Flash memory for easy data storage and user software download.
- Improved electronic design optimizes the common design of the products
- Improved component layout for easy access to components